Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Me-made May, the end

Wow, I can't believe we made it all the way through! 

[Sorry for the super awful pictures, and that crazy pile of clothes in the background. I was sans photographer this week and, to be honest, was getting pretty tired of taking pictures every day.]

Day 27: Newest summer dress
Day 28: Old refashioned summer tube dress, same belt because I'm unimaginative

Day 29: Forgot to photograph, but I wore my gray maxi skirt with a chambray button-up
Day 30: Tania culottes, back in the rotation with my favorite cami/cardi combo.
Day 31: Yet again, did not leave the house, so no makes to show (though I DID finish that damned Cynthia Rowley dress, finally!)


By the numbers:

Since I didn't really think I had that many me-mades in my wardrobe, my initial plan was to make a better effort to wear me-made jewelry. I did do a pretty good job of that, but was far too lazy to photograph it, so I don't really have any stats on that one.

I did, however, wear me-made garments 24/31 days, well above my goal of 5/7 days/week. Honestly, most of the days that I *didn't* wear me-mades were because I am a hermit and didn't leave the house!

Most worn: 

Not surprisingly, my most-worn make was my self-drafted maxi dress with a total of 5 (!) times for the month. 
Somewhat surprisingly, both pairs of my Tania culottes got worn the same amount - 4 times each. I like the bright-colored ones the most, but my attempts to mix up the styling have shown me that there aren't really a lot of different styles that I like. I think the black and white ones are much more versatile, especially now that I've shortened them up a bit. I even wore them again yesterday for "me-made June" (3/3 days of me-mades so far this month)!
Most everything else was worn 2 or 3 times, with the exception of-


Least worn:
Refashioned men's polo. I guess I'm just really not feeling the fit or finishes of this one.

Overall, I'm really pleased with my performance this month. I obviously have a long way to go toward creating a larger hand-made wardrobe, but I think I'm finally got some of my crafting mojo back and have been putting it to good use. I have one finished stash-buster project to show you, and another on the way (though it's been set aside for the moment as the fit isn't wanting to turn out quite right). My stash diet was pretty much a failure this month, but I have been doing a decent job of cutting into stuff right away rather than letting in linger in purgatory. Next up from the recent purchases - a very different pair of Tanias, already half-done!

How did you guys fare for the month? Or, if you didn't participate this year, did the deluge of inspiration from others make you want to try for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment