Sunday, August 28, 2016

Summer PJs FTW

Next in my 'quest to finally blog the things I made months ago' comes this PJ set:


The robe is McCall's 6659 and was made quite some time ago with 5 yards of estate sale fabric. It was intended to be a muslin, but I ended up really liking the fit and print, although was never in love with the color. (Here's a picture of me looking silly to show what it originally looked like.)


When the Sleepwear Sewalong was announced over on the Facebook group, I figured it would be the perfect push to a) dye the robe a more suitable color, and b) make a matching tank top and shorts, since the robe didn't come close to using up the 5 yards I started with. 


The shorts are another pair of Purl Soho City Gym Shorts, but I unfortunately don't remember the name of the tank top pattern I used. (I know that it was a free PDF, but the pattern pieces aren't marked with the brand.)


You may notice that the dyed color and the original color aren't all that different...You can blame RIT dye and synthetic fabric for that. I bought a big bottle of blue RIT dye for this, envisioning a luxurious blue PJ set. Well, when I actually dyed everything, it turned out..purple. Which wasn't bad, I was just confused. Doesn't yellow + blue = green? Unfortunately, the nice purple color washed out and I was left with this slightly less-yellow set, but...still not too shabby, right?


Now I can feel semi-put-together when I'm lounging around the house! Hopefully I'll have one last robe to share with you in the next few days so I can complete my 6 sleepwear items! 


2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a whole matching set, I aspire to this. They all look lovely on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the key is just finding a great deal on SO many yards of fabric. :)

      Delete