Friday, August 1, 2014

Urge to shop...rising

You know, I've heard people say this before, but never really believed it until now...the less time you have to craft, the more supplies you want to buy. It's pretty clear by now that I've broken my stash diet pledge several times over. I feel a little guilty about it, but not overly so, maybe because I've sewn more this year than all previous years combined. It doesn't feel like I'm adding to my stash quite so quickly as before, and I think that, by the end of the year, I'll be ready to let go of some more pieces that just won't work for me. 

That being said, I've had very little time to craft in the past month or so, but oodles of time to browse Craigslist for fabric and other sewing-related items. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I've missed several good garage sales lately, but I'm still holding out hope of finding some treasures. 

Why have I been so busy? (I'm sure you were just asking that yourself, right?) Well, I was planning a big class reunion, had plenty of friends in town, and was trying to get everything finalized so that I could buy my house! Last weekend/this week was the big move, and I've already set aside some really nice space for a dedicated craft room.


The floors have already been cleaned, and some more furniture has been moved in. I should have quite a bit more storage space now. I'm going to try to stick by the mantra of, "A place for everything, and everything in its place." No more overflow into other rooms anymore!


The space is so wonderfully sunny, unlike the dank dark basement I was working in before. I may even be able to take some decent photographs in here!

It's going to take me a while to get settled in, I think, because I want everything in this house to be just right. In addition to some eventual sewing projects (including two that were ALMOST but not quite finished), you should be seeing a lot of home dec/organization pictures, too. I hope you'll stick around to see the transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment