Friday, July 20, 2012

Sparkles!

Here's yet another "I've seen these around and then I saw a tutorial and just had to make it myself" posts. Are you guys noticing a theme? :)

Suzannah posted these great gold glitter pumps, inspired by Christian Louboutins:


So, I went out and picked up some plain black flats to make my own. 

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to find some cheap flats that I picked out some that don't fit that well (they didn't have any half sizes). 

Because these shoes are cloth, I knew it'd be harder to get the glitter to stick and cover well, so I decided to spray paint these silver first. It took a few coats of paint, and then quite a few coats of the Mod Podge/glitter mixture, but I got these babies covered eventually! I might just have to make another pair of these that fit a bit better...

Stash busted:
  • Silver spray paint (borrowed from my mom)
  • Mod Podge
Bought new:
  • Glitter (I know I have some somewhere, but, a) I couldn't find it and, b) I needed micro glitter to get the look I wanted - ~$3 on sale at Hobby Lobby)
  • Black shoes ($5 at Wal-mart)
Hmm, looks like I need to get a little better about busting my stash, and stop buying so much new stuff for these projects! Have you guys jumped on the glitter bandwagon?What sparkly things have you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment