Sunday, September 22, 2013

As usual, this is long overdue...

I planned to keep this up better once summer started and school was over, but between the move, the new job, working 70 hours a week, and hanging out with friends, it never quite happened. I finished quite a few projects quite a while ago (and even throughout the summer), but haven't gotten around to posting pictures. So, this post will be a little apartment tour (it's not quite all in order yet, so I can't show you the whole thing, but things are under way and I'm excited it's finally getting there!), as well as a copycat/stash busting project.

Bookshelf next to the TV...that really doesn't even have any books on it. They're all still at my parents' house, because it's a pain to lug them around from apartment to apartment:


View from right inside the front door: 


Yep, I'm pretty obsessed with globes and maps...hence the chair makeover! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the before, but it was an ugly, scratched green one that I picked up from an auction years ago for $3.

I saw this image floating around Pinterest (unfortunately the link is bad) and knew I had to try something similar. 

 

And a closeup of mine:


Honestly, I do like the inspiration better, but...mine's not too shabby, either. I used an old map of Chicago (my new home!) and the same paint I used on my dresser - the ivory to match, and the gold to give it a more distressed look. Total spent for this project - nothing! And I used some good stash items, too. 

Here's another shot of the decoration in my apartment, showcasing some paintings I got in Prague years ago and never got around to framing:


It's getting there, little by little! I can't wait until my craft area is done, so I can show that off, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment