Saturday, September 28, 2013

Craft Space Decoration

Well, I finally did it - got some decorations up in my craft space! I can't wait until the whole thing is finished, but for now, I'm happy to have a dedicated space for my creativity that actually looks creative.

I did a pretty good job busting my stash on this one, I think:


You may remember this picture from last year - I picked up all of this great stuff at a yard sale and managed to use a decent amount of it already. I had grand ideas for those frames in the corner (25 cents/piece), as part of my bedroom makeover. I painted them gold and...they just sat there. And then I moved, and decided I wanted a completely different color scheme in the bedroom, so I decided to repurpose these for elsewhere in the apartment. I wanted to paint them black, but couldn't find any black paint in my stash, so instead I painted them with some primer and silver paint I had (a brother to the gold paint I used on my dresser).


I picked up these paints at Lowe's for...free! I had 3 coupons for free paint samples, and decided to get matching colors. I love these teals - as you will (hopefully) see one day, the current color scheme in my apartment is mostly gray, black, and white, so these pops of color are a nice touch, I think.


I think I got these in April, at another garage sale, for a quarter a piece. They're...pretty ugly, not gonna lie, but they have good bones and I knew that they could be made over into something great! I cracked the glass on one of them in the move, and then cracked another piece trying to get the backing off - they weren't really made to be taken apart, honestly, but I wasn't going to let that stop me!

I set to work with all of these pieces in mind/in the works, and with this pin as inspiration:

[Image from: cherishedbliss.com]

I ended up with...drumroll please...this lovely collage!


I bought the frames for some vintage patterns I had on hand, but everything else was repurposed from my stash. (I completely forgot about the mirrors - they were originally in my childhood bedroom, in white and lavender.)




I have to say, I really love these frames - I think you can see the detailing even better now that they're painted. 

 

I love that I can finally display some of these patterns - they're too beautiful to keep on a shelf!


Stash busted: 
-Mirrors
-Paint
-Little metal frames
-Big wooden frames
-Lots of paint
-Vintage patterns

Bought new:
-Frames ($12)

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment