Monday, March 3, 2014

Quilt progress!

The quilt top is now done!


It's not perfect by any means (but is also not nearly as wrinkled and crooked as this photo makes it seem), but I still think my friend will love it!

For the gray border, I used this random piece of fabric from my stash:


I think I picked it up for $1 or so at a garage sale, and there were probably 3 yards of it...but I didn't realize until I unrolled it that it's a tube of fabric!  So strange, I've never seen anything like it.

I still need to figure out what material to use for the back. My friend has been very specific about the color that she wants, but I don't think she realizes how expensive fabric can be, and I'm trying to use up my stash, so...I might just pick up some dye from JoAnn and have a go at fabric dyeing for the first time! I've been wanting to try it for a while. Does anyone have any tips to offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment