Thursday, February 27, 2014

8 months in the making, but it's finally done!

This has taken an EMBARRASSINGLY long time to finish, but I'm really happy with the final result! Without further ado...


(My mom is under strict orders not to read this blog before I give this to her...) She always used to sing me this song when I was little, and we still reference it from time to time. It brings back great memories, and I know she's going to love it. I've made her plenty of things before, and it's always the ones with the most sentimental meaning that really get to her. 


I used an old pillow I had lying around for the form, and had to double-line the linen so the pattern wouldn't show through. I had 2 remnants, both of which cost about $1, and 1 remnant was enough to make this one, so there's still enough left for another! :)



I originally had a different plant for the back, but found this other fabric in my stash that went so well with the front! About $2.50 for a half a yard (more than I usually pay!), but something I've had for probably 5 years now...So fulfilling to finally cut into it!

Stash busted:

-2 pieces of stashed fabric
-Old pillow that I don't use anymore because it doesn't match my decor and is stained. :)

Bought new: 

-Stencils (about $2)

No comments:

Post a Comment