Sunday, February 23, 2014

Easter (?) cake

As you guys might've noticed, I kind of have a thing for rainbows. I've been wanting to make this cake forEVER, but don't typically like to have cakes lying around for no reason: 

[Source: IAmBaker]

So, last week we had a potluck for work. I was actually planning to make croquetas, but the weather was HORRIBLE and I barely made it home as it was, let alone if I had made a stop at the grocery store. Thus, I had to work with what I already had in my apartment. I had a million other things to do, so I decided to be lazy and use boxed cake mix and canned frosting, with the hopes of at least making it pretty, if not over-the-top delicious. 

I ended up not having a grass tip, but used another (no clue what it's called) that I thought would provide a similar look. I mixed up some random colors, which all ended up being pastels, hence the "Easter" title. I also ran out of icing and couldn't fill in all of the holes as above, so I had to get creative with a knife and fill in the empty spaces.


Yeah, it really looks NOTHING like the cake above, but...I still kinda like it! It's kind of abstract and just very colorful. I do want to make another attempt at some point, though...I'll just have to make sure to have enough icing on hand next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment