Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2 pledges in one

As I've discussed ad nauseum, I have a ridiculous amount of sewing crap (okay, treasures). Among these treasures are some awesome vintage patterns...which I am deathly afraid to cut into (/I'm afraid they're so far away from my size that I'll have to do a lot of alterations). (Side note - I finally took some time last week to document all of my patterns in Evernote - check it out if you'd like to see what I have and share advice and ideas!) But, as I've also discussed repeatedly, I just need to get over these fears and get to work. 

In that vein, I'm pledging myself to 2 new endeavors: the Vintage Sewing Pattern pledge and The Monthly Stitch's March theme: Miss Bossy Patterns.

http://www.astitchingodyssey.com/2014/02/vintage-sewing-pattern-pledge-will-you.html

http://themonthlystitch.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/announcing-the-march-challenge/

I'm not going to get overly ambitious here: I pledge that I will sew 1 vintage sewing pattern in 2014, and that my "monthly stitch" project will be completed...sometime in 2014. So, not exactly on time, but better late than never. 

Here's where I need your help: Tell me what to sew!

Option 1: Would this border on the bottom be too much?

Option 2: Could be cute as shorts, no?


Option 3: I like the dress on the right better, but there's not enough of the red to make that one. So really:
Option 3: right view with the green and white, or 
Option 4: left view with the red

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think I should make (let's be real, it's way past my bedtime and I am WAY too lazy to figure out how to post a poll here). Looking forward to hearing what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment