Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Still catching up on 2014

On the docket for today: one of the skirts I made for my business trip in...November?


This fabric was in my grandma's (very very tiny) stash. Since she wasn't using it anymore, I snapped it up! It's a herringbone corduroy and is quite warm, actually - perfect for winter.


I knew that I wanted a simple skirt to properly showcase the fabric (and because there wasn't a ton of it to work with). Since I haven't had great luck drafting A-line patterns before, I dug through my stash. Butterick 5214 had just the shape I was looking for, so I drafted a quick waistband and was on my way!


The hem is finished with bias binding (my new and bestest fave). All together, this skirt probably only took about 1.5 hours to make - just the way I like it!

(I just realized that i was looking at my feet in every one of these pictures. And I still really need to work on ironing. *sigh*)

The sad part in looking at these pictures again, though, is that it's a super cute outfit but I've only worn it once or twice. It sticks to my leggings pretty terribly and I always feel really uncomfortable walking around in it. I really need to work on a couple of slips (they'd help with my circle skirts, too). Add it to the to-do list!

Is anybody else already feeling overwhelmed by 2015?

2 comments: