Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I think I jinxed us

After a long, horrible winter, we finally started to get some sunshine and warm weather in Chicago last week (the high got up to 75!). Since I was in both a spring and a stashbusting spirit, I decided to whip up a flowery circle skirt in which to enjoy the goodness.


Unfortunately, by the time I got around to taking these pictures late last week, the weather had already started to turn, eventually terminating in 4-5 inches of snow yesterday! 

I picked up 1.5 yards of this fabric from Hancock (I think) a while back, and it's some sort of stretchy denim-looking cotton. It was really easy to work with and I managed to get really clean lines at the hem (bias bound, of course), waist, and zip. 



Seriously, this is probably my best zip insertion to-date! Although you can see in this picture that the skirt is probably just a little too big...I'd like to think I'll go back and take it in a little, but in all likelihood too many other things will get pushed to the forefront.


Since this print (coupled with a circle skirt) could easily border on too saccharine, I tried to "tough" it up a bit with some grey and a moto jacket. (Alas, a black moto jacket really would have come in handy here! Add it to the to-do list...)



One last swirly pic, because circle skirts are just too fun! 

Side note - hopefully I'm back on track with my posting schedule this week. I've got some general goals for this year, but my biggest one is that I'm trying to post once a week. With this one exception, I've been doing pretty well this year, no? 

Like everyone in North America, I'm over this winter. What are your spring sewing plans while you dream of warmer weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment