Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Me-Made May

As I've seen more and more people post their Me-Made May pledges over the last week or two I've thought, "That sounds like so much fun, I wish I had more me-made clothes to wear. Guess I'll have to wait until next year to participate, when I (hopefully) have a much larger me-made wardrobe." But the more of these posts I kept seeing, the more I started to realize that the pledge doesn't necessarily ONLY apply to clothing, right? How much me-made jewelry do I own that I never wear anymore? Seriously, I have two go-to pairs of earrings and two necklaces, depending whether or not I'm going to the gym after work. It's ridiculous that all that beauty and hard work is sitting in a drawer somewhere and not being used and appreciated. 

[The only one of these that I've worn with any regularity is the turquoise teardrop necklace. The others are due to bust out of purgatory!]

[I have not worn those shoes ONCE. I need to brush the dust off and bring them out. And I'm not really sure where that purse is now...]

That jewelry, plus the few me-made articles of clothing that I have, bring me SUCH a rush in wearing them and showing them off. I was so psyched with my flower culottes that last weekend, the first weekend I've been home and near my sewing machine since I finished them, I made THREE new garments, one of which I'm wearing today! And in spite of locking myself out of my house this morning, I've been so happy today because every time I look down at my outfit, I think about how much I love it. So without further ado, here is my pledge:  

I, Alicia from Project Stash Bust, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavor to wear at least one me-made item five days per week for the duration of May 2014 with a round-up of outfits/items each week.

Now, if I could just find a trusty photographer...

No comments:

Post a Comment